AOL (UK) – Web Producer
Duration: 22 May 2007
Jaspaul was hired by AOL (UK) Limited as a Web Producer to work across the European AOL sites and develop consumer facing online content areas for the AOL UK Audience Business. Involved in all phases of production from concept to implementation.
- Browser compatibility: Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Safari, Opera
- Accessibility: Clear descriptive alt and title tags, with low coding
- Work collaboratively with the Editorial teams and commercial partners to translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Work to the highest standards of front-end web development with respect to adherence to w3c compliant code and UK accessibility requirements.
AOL WAGSs matching game
- Link: http://entertainment.aol.co.uk/wags/think-you-know-your-wags/article/20070822080809990001
- Link: http://travel.aol.co.uk/canada
AOL Tools and Services
- Link: http://tools.aol.co.uk
Christmas wish list
- Link: http://kids.aol.co.uk/music-tv-film/dvd-christmas-list/
Jungle Book microsite
Promotion of the 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition DVD of The Jungle Book Disney. The page was developed to support the publishing system and allow editors to populate the page with content and pictures.
Additional items which were setup is a Jungle Book game built in Flash and a competition which saves user information in a database.
- Link: http://kids.aol.co.uk/music-tv-film/jungle-book/
Lost for words
The ‘Lost for Words’ is a microsite requested by Channel 4 to promote a new program and the advantages of encouraging children to read books. The page was developed to support the publishing system and allow editors to populate the page with content and pictures.
Additional items which were setup/pages were voting tool to allow users to rate their favourite books and post comments which are all stored in a database.
- Link: http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/parenting/lost-for-words/
‘Ratatouille’ promotion of Disney’s new very exciting movie about a rat who erm likes cooking. I was tasked with developing the site in CSS, w3c compliant and to support the compatibility of the page with the publishing system and two different channels: entertainment and kids.
Additional items which were setup is a picture gallery.
AOL PIctures slideshow
A plugin to promote the services of AOL Pictures across the site in a interactive and fun manor. The AOL Pictures slideshow uses the AOL Developers API to communicate and retrieve pictures depending on the content of the site.
- Link: http://info.aol.co.uk/test/jas_picapi/final.html